The Steve Rummler Hope Foundation is advocating for public policies and legislation at the local, state and national levels that will improve care and can be life-saving for those suffering from chronic pain and the disease of addiction.
The Foundation is making a difference by advocating for change:
- We are letting the FDA know that they are not doing their job! We attend hearings, send letters, and rally our supporters to let the FDA know that they need to take action NOW to save us from the devastation of our nation’s epidemic of addiction and overdose deaths.
- Our Citizens Coalition for Overdose Prevention is supporting the implementation of Steve’s Law (Minnesota 911 Good Samaritan/Naloxone legislation). This law provides limited immunity to those who call 911 in good faith to save a life and allows first responders, law enforcement and trained lay people to administer naloxone, which can counteract the effects of an opioid overdose within minutes. See MN 911 Good Samaritan/Naloxone (Steve’s Law) to learn more.
- Contact your members of Congress about important pending legislation.
Contact your Senators here:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfmContact your Representatives here:
Another good source for contact information is:
- We are supporting 911 Good Samaritan and Naloxone legislation across the country. Many states still do not have this life-saving legislation … or have watered-down versions. Our staff and volunteers are working to share with other states their experience in creating and lobbying for successful passage in Minnesota. To keep up-to-date on what is happening in your state, click here and scroll down.
- We are working for the passage of important legislation in Washington, D.C. We identify legislation introduced in the Senate or House of Representatives that will help to turn the tide in our struggle against the epidemic of addiction and overdose deaths. We attend hearings, send letters, and rally our supporters to contact their members of Congress … providing hope for those with chronic pain and the disease of addiction.
- We provide leadership for the FED UP! Coalition. Foundation President Judy Rummler serves as Chair of the FED UP! Coalition and the FED UP! Rally Steering Committee … calling for immediate, comprehensive federal action to end the epidemic of addiction and overdose deaths. FED UP! is the conscience of our federal government – a government that has failed to protect the American people. See feduprally.org to learn more.