The summer intern will be an integral part of the communications staff and will develop, coordinate and maintain the organization’s online and website presence. This is an unpaid position requiring 10- 12 hours of work per week for the June 1 – August 15, 2017, at our Minnetonka office location. The intern will report to the Director of Communications. Responsibilities and assessments may be amended or expanded to meet specific class requirements for appropriate college credits.
- Create and maintain a consistent means of disseminating information about the organization’s educational, legislative, training efforts using the SRHF (Steve Rummler Hope Foundation) website, social media, email, and other online outlets.
- Develop and coordinate communication with a variety of constituents who can effectively contribute information and resources to the website and online presence.
- Identification and outreach to potential influencers and donors.
- Assist in developing an integrated marketing strategy.
- Represent the foundation and build relationships within communities at events.
- Help design the visual presentation of all online materials to create a consistent, effective image and to build “brand identification”.
- Track, monitor and analyze media coverage and social media response.
- The desire to be part of a dynamic non-profit organization that features a small staff fulfilling an ambitious, demanding mission.
- Interest in developing social media content, including blogs, and an emerging understanding of utilizing social media such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other sites for marketing purposes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with a diverse clientele
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects.
- Interest in communications, non-profit leadership, social media, public relations, or marketing.
- Understanding of marketing and public relations strategy.
- Experience using composition, administrative, design and communication software and web applications. E.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, MailChimp, Google Suite, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc.
- Superb writing ability.
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to:
Sean.firstname.lastname@example.org by May 19, 2017