We’re looking for an outstanding administrative assistant to join our team. Please carefully review the position details below and contact us if you’re interested.
The Steve Rummler Hope Foundation is a growing nonprofit founded in 2011. The mission of the Steve Rummler Hope Foundation is to heighten the awareness of the dilemma of chronic pain and the disease of addiction and to improve the associated care process. We achieve our mission through three programs; Prescriber Education, Advocacy, and Overdose Prevention.
Target Hourly Salary:
$12.00 – $14.00 per hour. Immediate hire. Application deadline 4/1/17.
Executive Director, Steve Rummler Hope Foundation
This part-time 30 hours a week position (Tuesday – Friday 9-4:30 PM *some flexibility) is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations for the Steve Rummler Hope Foundation. This includes performing administrative and office support activities such as fielding phone calls; receiving and directing visitors/volunteers; data entry; creating correspondence; updating spreadsheets; and creating presentations. Additionally performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, and working on special projects.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences or trainings using such tools as Google Docs, Google Calendar, and a constituent resource database.
- Creates and develops visual presentations as needed using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Establishes, develops, maintains and updates filing system for the foundation using Google Drive, other database programs.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls.
- Sorts and distributes physical mail and electronic mail. Opens mail for the foundation. Drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers phones for the foundation. Takes messages or fields/answers for all routine and non-routine questions.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects. Acts as project manager for special projects, at the request of the executive director, which may include: planning and coordinating multiple presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, creating brochures.
- Types and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Computer literacy. Comfort and familiarity with a variety of software programs and a willingness to learn.
- Organized/Able to Prioritize
- Thoroughness and Attention to Detail
- Collaboration Skills with Diverse Populations
- Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
This position has no direct staff supervisory responsibilities.
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment, occasional off-site venues and outside event require limited travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of one year of experience in a professional office setting.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Personal passion for the mission and vision of the Steve Rummler Hope Foundation.
- Prior experience as an administrative support staff.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position.
Please send resume, cover letter, and two references to the Executive Director at Hope@SteveRummlerHopeFoundation.org.